You've found my pet dungeon!
To reiterate what the rune magic book told you for those not present:
- A glyph is made up of runes connected by lines.
- A glyph requires one Master rune and one or more Minor runes.
- You've worked out some of the Master runes (which you've called "top runes" in your experiments) and some of the minor runes (like earth and light) already!
- In combat it takes one round to draw a rune and one round to draw all the connecting lines, so long as you're using chalk or dirt or something.
- Turning on the completed glyph takes up your whole round like casting a spell, but stays powered until you break the connection in your mind.
- Powered glyphs stay on for as long as you want them to, but they take a toll on you depending on how complex the glyph is and how far away from it you are.
The "where the fuck were you" table has led to a bounty on Mist Urmun's head, he has changed his name to Miss Turman in an attempt to evade justice.
I can't remember if any other people took death crits, I was throwing around those pain dice like nobody's business but I thiiiink it was just Gadling and Bella?
If you nearly died (ie. rolled death dice) and I forgot let me know so I can give you a Near Death Experience bonus.
Mushroom Lover the Elf has levelled up in time for the New Moon, so good times for him next session. You get an extra spell of every level you can cast at the New Moon, so you'll get an extra level 1 spell and an extra level 2 spell. That's five spells total! Current rundown of creepiness and abilities at this terrifying time:
- Elf ears -- 2 in 6 Search skill, surprised on 1 in 6.
- Fine, silky hair covers palms and fingertips -- 3 in 6 Climb skill.
- Voice a sibilant whisper -- when you cast Spider Climb your hands and feet seem to sink slightly into the surface, you do not need hands and feet free to Spider Climb and thus can wield weapons and walk on the ceiling.
- Skin darkens to an ashen grey -- when next to a wall (including while Spider Climbing) you gain +1 AC as your body shifts and shivers against shadow.
- Egg-shaped head like an alien, large black eyes glow in darkness -- Spider Climb lets you climb through a shadow and reappear in any other shadow nearby one round later.
Finally, hopefully I'll see some of you on Saturday! I'll keep you posted on plans but it'll probably just involve mooching around the bars in Soho and drinking a lot.
My number is 07462 951 451 if you don't have it for some reason.
Session 24 - Once in a blue rune
Saturday, May 15th 1549
Moon phase: New Moon
- Half a lich. A semilich, hee hee. Defeated but not before he breathed cold over everyone. (100 exp)
- 7 skeletons, destroyed in open combat or neutralised by obelisks. (70 exp)
Treasure and Equipment:
- 1200sp, 30gp (2700 exp)
- 4 nice shirts, sized for dwarfs (40 exp)
- A rune hoverboard
- A magical ivory ring that lets you sense glyphs within 10' and turn them on from that distance.
- First party to enter the Rune Dungeon (300 exp)
- 9 dungeon rooms explored (90 exp)
- Alternate exit found (50 exp)
- Cartographer bonus (Mushroom Lover - 100 exp)
- Near Death Experience bonus (Gadling, Bella - 100 exp ea.)
- Failed Saving Throw bonus (Bella, Peggy - 100 exp ea.)
- Discovered how to use runes (50 exp)
- Deciphered maybe 6 runes (60 exp)
- Created a rune-powered torch (50 exp)
- Created a floating chest (50 exp)
Quests and Rumours:
- None down here
Death Toll and Injuries:
- Gadling, had two fingers bitten off (-2 Dexterity) and a lot of blood.
- Bella, got first degree burns to the face, will heal in 1d4+2 days. Until then slightly less attractive (-2 Charisma)
Liisa / Peggy Pigrider, Level 3 Dwarf: 10399 (Level up at 17,600)
Chris2 / Gadling, Level 3 Specialist: 3196 (Level up at 6000)
*DING!* +1d6HP! +2 skill points!
Chris / Crocell, Level 4 Halfling: 8624 (Level up at 16000)
Lisa / Bella, Level 1 Magic User: 1951 (Level up at 2250)
Renzo / Mushroom Lover, Level 3 Elf (Alpdrucke): 6204 (Level up at 12000)
*DING!* +1d6HP! +1 lvl 2 spell!
Michael / Miss Turmun, Level 3 Magic User: 5570 (Level up at 9000)
Tom / Olaf Tenderloin, Level 2 Dwarf: 2737 (Level up at 4400) ETA: 27 weeks
Tom / Baron Noel Pompadour, Level 1 Specialist: 1223 (Level up at 1500) ETA: 13 weeks
Absent or Retired:
George / Magnus, Level 1 Cleric: 0 (Level up at 1750)
Jacob / Wizard Khalifa, Level 1 Muscle Wizard: 430 (Level up at 2250)
Marius' Totally-Not-Necromancer, Level 3 Necromancer: 5111 (Level up at 9000)
--- Faust, Level 1 Specialist: 823 (Level up at 1500)
Nadav / Frog, Level 1 Fighter: 732 (Level up at 2000)
Charlie / Losh, Level 1 Elf (Habberjock): 309 (Level up at 3000)
Jack / Uldric, Level 1 Magic User: 409 (Level up at 2250)
Tom / Eli, Level 1 Cleric: 409 (Level up at 1750)
Kate / Khaleesi, Level 1 Muscle Wizard: 37 (Level up at 2250)
Emmi / Lyrel, Level 2 Necromancer: 2891 (Level up at 4500)
--- Schmidt, Level 0 Human