Date: June 24, 21 p.p.
Moon: First Quarter
- Amanta chased a theatre troupe, lost below the earth, from her cave back when she was just a translucent cave mantis.
- Swan the Swift and Eegor come across Amanta in the city of the knotsmen. Despite never having met before, trust is immediately established. Two player gang initiated.
- Eegor, being an underground guy, countermands the intended "ha ha you cannot escape" vibe and leads them towards the surface.
- Many caves are gone through. Much climbing and squeezing.
- After some time, they come out into a vast low-ceilinged limestone cavern with a citadel cut into the side of a deep abyss.
--- The Citadel
- Eegor declares that this is where his masters first set out from on their attempt to find the surface.
- Our heroes investigate the fortress in the hopes that food is available. Instead they find a bunch of largely eaten corpses, and ahead a fair number of Knotsmen and their slaves. These guys are peering down the chasm, chattering about the massive horrible bear golem that killed the others.
- Oh fuck oh no IT'S HERE! An ancient prehistoric golem carved by human hands and surmounted by an ancient bear skull! It fucking demolishes a Knotsman and throws the bleeding corpse back down the chasm!
- Swan lobs a rock to judge how strong the clay bear's HP is, but accidentally hits a Knotsman. Somehow they assume that Swan and Amanta are in league with the bear. Our heroes rapidly abscond.
- Moving swiftly on, screams in the distance, our small group follows Eegor as he tries to find the way back out of this underground hell. As per his little sheet, he's good at finding his way, so after some time they find themselves at the cheesewired worm tunnel where they originally entered the Veins.
- The wounded Knotsmen are gone, or gnawed to the bone, and the cheesewires are mostly slack. Easy to traverse. There is evidence of the Olm, subterranean salamander people, but this is stated offhand by Eegor so not gone into particularly thoroughly. They live down here, basically.
- The route up is extremely difficult for Swan, but easy for Amanta and Eegor. Together they help him up, out, and onto the glorious surface.
- High risk high reward underworld remains an option, but for now - fuck no.
- They lie on the ground and stare at the sky for a while.
- Also it's still a fucking heatwave. Last week. Can you imagine.
- They go north, considering there's a dragon along the road back to Kink, and come to a strange little town beyond a crossroads.
- The shattered Dino-Dome and the flailing flesh-tree called the Dharga frame a town mostly made of meat. Leathery flesh tents, houses built with bones, the occasional shrub-based roof. That sort of thing.
- A veiny man with a small extra head that repeats his vowels stumbles out from under a skin canopy and welcomes the pair, and Eegor, to Meatgate.
- This is the last town before the Meatlands, apparently, and crawls to the east over time because the Meatlands are expanding. Rebuild the close houses at the back, and if you can't find food you can always gather mutagenic flesh from the meaty meadows beyond..
- If you go north there's a lake of horrid juices, so the best way into the dome, and Mt Death Frost, is via Salisburgh. It's called Salisburger or Salivasburgh now, depending on who you ask.
- I legit cannot find content for this area despite my searching, so our heroes travel back to Samuel's pub to do a bit of cheeky carousing with some of the gems they received in the depths of the earth. A demon pub is safer than meat town!
- Swan holds his liquor impossibly well, while Amanta who has never drunk alcohol before gets extremely fucking drunk. Samuel creates a male mirror of Amanta in an attempt to drain her charisma, as is his way, but she bites off his fucking head and eats it. That's how mantis do.
- Swan and Samuel, horrified, have a drink-off. Swan actually wins against the demon! Absolute barbarian style!
- Swan - 4000 exp
- Amanta - 1600exp
Three each -
Level up! +1d8 HP! +2 barbarian roll! +backstory!
Level up! +1d6 HP! +2 skill points! +saves improve! +backstory!